We Are Open for Essential Healthcare
Our team will continue to support you during this time. We are monitoring the situation closely, and following ACT Health advice. If there is any change to that advice we will let you know.
COVID-19 pre-appointment checklist
Before confirming your appointment or making a new booking, have you or someone you’ve had contact with:
- Been to an ACT exposure site, COVID-19 hotspot in NSW , or beyond in the past 14 days?
- Been in contact with someone who has been to a COVID-19 hotspot in the past 14 days?
- Been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting a result?
- Been subject to a stay-at-home order?
- Felt unwell, including but not limited to symptoms of COVID-19 such as:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
If you answered YES to any of the above, your appointment must be rescheduled. Please call us on 6260 5777.
Thank you for helping us to keep safe and stay open.
COVID-19 Safety protocols
At Canberra Osteopathic Centre we have put in place additional protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- hand sanitiser is available in reception;
- mask wearing is, once again, required;
- table covers and linen pillow cases are not being used so tables and pillows can be sanitised between each patient;
- all magazines and books have been removed from reception;
- all but a few easily sanitised toys for babies have been removed (so please bring your own if your child will need entertaining during treatment);
- the seating in the reception area has been adjusted to facilitate social distancing;
- we prefer not to be handling cash at this time;
- please attend appointments alone, unless a carer is required. However, minors will still require an adult present to give consent for treatment.
Our reception staff are regularly sanitising:
- surfaces and chairs in the reception area;
- telephones, the EFTPOS machine and pens at the reception desk;
- all door handles;
Remember that Covid is having an impact on many levels, including the mental/emotional one. It may help to limit your exposure to sensational media, and stick to the facts. Stay close to friends, family and be sensitive to your need to seek professional advice, including counselling and psychiatric care.
Most importantly, remember to breathe through it all.
We look forward to welcoming you to Canberra Osteopathic Centre.